Sunday, June 12, 2011

Primary

I got called to Nursery a while ago and was pretty nervous about it.  Turns out I absolutely LOVED it.  I love those little kids.  They are so sweet.  Last Sunday I got called to be 2nd Counselor in the Primary Presidency.  Let's just say I feel a little overwhelmed, but I am excited about it (I think...).  We have a great presidency and I am excited to get to know the women better that I serve with.  I am also excited to have those cute little children get to know me, and I them.  Today was our first Sunday and it actually went pretty well, amazingly.  They do things differently then when I was there (18,000 years ago) and they sing some new songs, but I will get there.  For sharing time we each shared 5 things about us which was a cool thing.  I got to show them pictures of Max and tell them all I love angry birds.  It really was actually pretty fun.  I am excited for this growing experience.  Just wanted to share what's new with us!

5 comments:

Annilee said...

I loved being in the Primary presidency in our Dallas ward, I think you will really like it. If it makes you feel better, we got put in 3 weeks before the program and nothing had been done on it...NOT COOL! Good luck, I am sure the kids will love you!

Tabitha said...

So fun! I'm the second counselor in our Primary Presidency. I felt totally overwhelmed at first too, but you'll be great!!

Liz said...

You'll love it! I just got released on Sunday from being the Secretary. It was my most favorite calling ever!

Julie said...

Good for you. You will be great, and the kiddos will love you. Primary is such a blast and a kick in the pants. Tebya lyublyu!

Tai and Joe said...

you have the best calling ever. i love the primary!