Saturday, October 22, 2011

A feeble attempt at an update


I was finally catching up on reading my friends blogs and read one from my friend Sara.  She said blogging is like when you lapse on your journal.  Its almost easier to start a new journal then to face the reality of trying to attempt to update everything that has happened since the last time you wrote.  Amen, Sara!  But, she did it and so can I.  I have thought about writing sooner, but didn't feel like it.  So today while I have a tiny inkling of desire I am doing it.  I will just do highlights and a few pictures.  Phew!

Kami and I at my favorite place in Vegas - Bellagio flowers

The first trip I took was to Vegas with my two sister in laws - Kami is married to my brother Jeff and Jenny is Jason's sister.  I brought my two worlds together.  We had a great time.  We stayed at Kami's Mom's house in St. George and went to Vegas on Saturday.  The purpose of our trip was to see Celine Dion.  We shopped a lot and had a lot of fun.  We saw Celine and it was good.  I will say it wasn't nearly as good as her old show, but it was worth seeing once. She sang a bunch of songs that weren't hers which annoyed me, but it was still good. 
While we were there Kami was told to make sure we went to Serendipity to have frozen hot chocolate.  If you know me, you know I don't love chocolate in this form but, I was in Vegas afterall, I decided I would take a risk.  It was ok and someone who really likes chocolate would love it.  Kami and Jenny both loved it.  We sure did have fun and I am totally jonesin to go on another girls trip.  Love them! 

My next trip was a family vacation with my whole family the first week of August.  We all went to Brianhead in Southern Utah and rented this really huge nice cabin.  We had a great time touring a bunch of places in Southern Utah.  We went to these caves and my sister told me it would be ok to wear flip flops.  Needless to say, it wasn't.  The cave was pitch black and it was actually really cool.  I slipped and my big toe nail was bent backwards and there was blood.  I was like oops! I was actually most ticked about my glitter toe being ripped off.  I keep in mind the important things :) 




Our next adventure was back to Vegas with my sisters Elena and Jen, and their husbands.  Jason was invited this time :)  We went and saw "O" at the Bellagio theater.  It is a Cirque de Soleil.  I wasn't sure what to expect but it sure was awesome.  I loved it.  After that we went to the Sugar Factory across the street and messed around there, see pictures.  We also went for lunch to Hash house a Go Go.... their food was HUGE.   The burger I got was seriously ginormous. But very yummy.  :) We had a great time there too. 
 


Then all the sudden summer was over and Jason's brother Zach got married to Kimberly.  It was a beautiful day all day...until right about the time when they were supposed to get married.  A huge wind picked up and there was threat of rain.  Luckily it didn't last long and the wedding went off without a hitch.  It was absolutely beautiful and we are happy to have them married.  Jason was the best man and looked very handsome in his tux.  :)  This is a photo of my sister in law Jenny.  I just love her!  We are all going (J and his siblings and some of their cousins)  on a cruise in April to the Bahamas out of Miami.  It is going to be a blast. 




Now all vacations are done until next April for the cruise so we have settled back in to real life.  Jenny talked us in to taking a 5 week relationship class with her an her fiance.  Our last week was a few weeks ago.  It was fun to spend more time with them and have learned a lot about our relationship and each other.  It was a good experience. 


Now we are planning my parents 50th wedding anniversary party thing.  We have a lot of fun things planned and will update the blog when it all happens.  50 years??? Man that's crazy.  I sure do love my parents though and am proud of them for making it so long.  It's definitely no small feat!!!! I love you Mom and Dad.  :)  Hope all is going well for all of you!!! 

3 comments:

sara said...

Good update - now I'm feeling guilty again because I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks. I can't believe you got a serendipity frozen hot chocolate and I wasn't invited! I love those!!!!

Kari said...

You left out the highlight of your year--Training Table roomie reunion when you got to see me!

Julie Carlile said...

Wow fun! I love the shows at Vegas too! The frozen hot chocolate looks super yummy. I will have to try it next time I am there. Glad you are doing well. I can't believe it's your parents 50th! Crazy. Sure love you and hope to see you soon!