Friday, February 18, 2011

Weight Loss Update

So..... its been a month and a half and I have lost 18 pounds! Wahoo!!! I am trying really hard to not have this be just a diet that I will go off of once the competition is over, but to change my habits.  So far, so good.  I have been working out on my elliptical and I love it.  This week has been a little rough but I hope to get myself going!

Valentine's Day came and went, and we had a good one.  Jason gave me a red plush "Angry Bird" which is silly, but totally fits me.  I love love love that game.  Its totally addicting and I have 3 stars on most of the levels.  I pretty much rock at it :).  He also gave me some beautiful flowers.  Good job, Hayes! 

My nephew Ben got home from his mission on Wednesday.  He was in Guadalaja, Mexico.  Hearing him talk about his mission makes me nostalgic for my own.  I sure am glad I was able to have the mission experience.  He looks great and we are happy to have him home. 

I think this year is going to be the year of the family weddings.  My neice Erin is getting married in April, Jason's brother is getting married in September and we have two others that will probably happen this year.  Whew!  Good thing weddings are fun! 

We may have the chance to visit London this year, and I hope we do.  I am trying to not get too excited about it so that I am not too disappointed if we don't go.  I absolutely adore traveling and would love to make it there. 

I also got a calling to be in the nursery.  :)  I guess it happens to everyone sooner or later.  I actually like it quite a bit.  It is fun to be with the kids.  Jason doesn't have the calling but comes in with me most of the time to assist.  Its really cute to see him interact with the kids.  I miss going to regular church every now and then, but mostly I just enjoy playing with the kids. 

Otherwise, life is pretty much the same.  Hope all is going well for all of you!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Go girl! I think it's easier to keep on the healthy track once one sees some results. Hope you get to go to London!

MyPremierDesigns said...

wa-hoo go woodbury!!!! lol once this baby pops out I am getting my butt back in shape too...everyone is I know is either prego or losing weight it's awesome! take care miss ya:)

Kira said...

Love you larla!! Just wondering who is the other person, besides Ben that might be getting married?

Julie Carlile said...

Way to go Laura! Sounds like you are doing great :) I can't believe Ben is old enough to be coming home from a mission. Crazy!

Amy said...

So happy for your success!!! That is awesome, keep up the good work! Weird to think of your nieces and nephews growing up. Time flys eh?