Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Weight Loss Challenge 2011

As with the rest of the world, I have decided it is time to do something about my weight.  As I watch it get a little more and more it has to come to a stop.  I got an elliptical for Christmas and am geared up to start using it.  We are doing a weight loss competition at work.  We each picked teams and weigh in as teams and get weekly prizes if you have the highest percent of weight loss.  It's been fun to have the friendly competition at work.  Everyone is watching you which makes it easier to be good.  Anyway, today was week 1 weigh in.  Since I am home sick I had to weigh in at home, but thanks to strep and a little hard work, I have lost 13 pounds in this first week!!!!!! YAHOO!!! I am just hoping I don't gain any weight this next week and can still lose some.  Here is for hoping, and in case you wondered, I love competition.  BRING IT ON!!! :)

6 comments:

Annilee said...

Laura, good for you for finding motivation to be healthy...it is always a challenge for everyone, myself included. Rachael loves her elliptical and has lost like 30 pounds doing it...I hope that you find a love for yours too! Sorry about the strep, awful to be sick! Feel better soon...and skinnier! Love you...

Kari said...

13 pounds in one week is awesome! Good luck with the competition. I hope you win!

Tabitha said...

Uhm ... wow! 13 pounds! You are an inspiration. Good for you!

Julie Carlile said...

That is so awesome! Way to go! Can't wait to hear how it keeps going for you.

sara said...

Holy cow! I've lost .2 pounds with my WiiFit! aka - working out for dummies! I can't get myself to committ to anything as intense as an elliptical machine. Congrats and good luck!

Julie said...

Go get 'em! Tebya lyublyu.