Sunday, June 8, 2008

Wedding Cakes

As tradition says we are supposed to, we froze the top layer of our wedding cake. It was supposed to be eaten at our one year anniversary. I didn't so much as think about it when that time came. My Mom called and reminded me about it so the next time I went over there I got the cake from the freezer and took it home. I let it thaw for a few days and then we decided to eat it. I unwrapped it and when I saw it I thought hmmm this doensn't really look like the cake I remember. But I figured it had just been a year and that I didn't really remember. The ribbon along the bottom looked black but I thought maybe the purple just faded to dark over that year. I also thought the frosting was awfully hard like fondant but again, maybe I just didn't remember it very well, and afterall it had been frozen for a year!! So I cut us a piece of it and realized one crucial thing, my cake had beads all over the side. This cake had no beads. I was like what in the.... then it came to me. My brother in law's sister got married a year before I did and I think they put her cake in my parents freezer too. And her colors were Black and she had fondant....thus explaining this cake. We decided it was too late to do anything about it so we ate our pieces of someone else's wedding cake and called it a day. It was actually pretty good. :)


So the next Sunday we got our real cake and had that the next day. This one looks a little more sad then hers did with the fondant, but its ours :) It was pretty on the day!! It was pretty tasty one year later too!!


1 comments:

Haynie said...

Laura!

I'm stoked to see you have a blog! Way to be! As for the one year mark for eating the wedding cake... I only made it one month, then we needed the freezer space for frozen pizzas and what not. Anywho, keep up the posting!

C Bogom